Recently I’ve been told a number of times that I’m a very quiet person, who most people know very little about.
And to some extent, that is very true. I do enjoy my ‘downtime’ and that’s one of the reasons I’ve not gone down the ‘get famous’ route.
So I’m sat here in a (far too) swanky (for me) hotel in Santiago, South America killing time between two gigs and I thought it might be a nice thing to reel of some random facts an insights about who I really am. Not that I think they’re interesting, but because (a) I’ve nothing else more entertaining to write about and I’m WELL overdue writing a blog post, and (b) people are asking.
1. My Dad is called Eric. Its from him I get my ‘make every moment in to a smile’ philosophy. Like my dad, I see it as my mission to make every person I come in to contact with smile, even if just for a moment. A shop assistant, the waiter, the lady you’re sitting next to on the plane. All of them. We can bring a little smile and that’s such a nice gift.
2. I adore Coca Cola (not diet phhffft!) and pineapple juice – although i’ve never attempted both in the same glass.
3. I’m an EXCEPTIONALLY fussy eater. If it’s not chicken or beef, I probably don’t eat it. No seafood for me, and you can keep your lamb and pork thanks very much.
4. I’ve never had a real job. I started off in corporate entertainment 11 years ago, and have been lucky enough not to have been forced in to any kind of employment.
5. If I ever had to get a job I’d like to be a creative product consultant. I’m pretty good at innovating what a market wants…it’s just mind reading really (simples!)
6. My pet peeve is bad service. Waiters who don’t smile, receptionists who ignore you…you know the stuff. In the UK I think we have a long way to go to catch up with customer service levels of many other countries.
7. I’m obsessed with punctuality. Unless I’m visiting my own family, in which case I’m almost always late.